Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting Experimental?

7:33 PM

I'm going to start this experiment with my health. Whenever I think that I need a nap, I will do some yoga instead in order to try to increase my energy.

The idea for this experiment generated around the concept of people actually being more energetic after they exercise. My personal belief is that the energy they receive is from higher intake of oxygen and increased blood flow. I've actually experienced this happening before in my life. When I used to go workout in the gym every morning, I would have more energy throughout the day and would also sleep better in the afternoon.

I chose yoga because of its convenience as well as its effectiveness. I can do yoga whenever I want to. I don't have to wait for special gym hours or have any special equipment. It's a very flexible activity. On top of that yoga helps to strengthen and stretch your body while raising you heartbeat. While performing yoga, it is required to breathe deeply and thus increase oxygen intake. This all leads to a greater amount of energy with a less dependancy on naps.

I don't have a set routine, but I do know some specific exercises that I will pull from. I will definitely be doing sun salutations. They are one of the best ways to get a full body warm-up/workout in yoga. It uses all of the major muscles in the body, so every part is worked out. Also, I will most likely use the breath of fire. Its main function is to increase oxygen levels. The fire breath is the easiest thing to do and it can be done anywhere.

Wish me luck! I will keep posting updates on here on how well the outcome is turning out.

0 crowns: