Friday, October 16, 2009

Reflect, my child. Reflect

3:35 PM

Maybe it's because one of my good friends is always in a reflective, contemplative mood, but I've been reflecting a lot about pretty much everything. It actually helps quite a bit. Once you've sit down and realize what you've done wrong or right, it's easier to make adjustments to be better. Socrates once said, "the unexamined life is not worth living" (or something like that. Don't quote me on it because I didn't bother to look it up because I'm a bit lazy right now). For example,I've been extremely stressed lately. I've sat back and realized that is all my fault. I procrastinate and have horrible time management skills, so I end up stressing a bunches about something that could have been clearly prevented.

A good way to reflect is with a journal. At the top of the page start with "Yesterday" and from there talk about your entire day. If you get stuck just start another sentence with 'yesterday' and continue from there. Whenever I do this I notice a lot about my self that I would quickly bypass. I notice the little things that would have made my day run better or smoother. So, I suggest to you to reflect as way of improving yourself.

Love,
Leira Violet.

1 crowns:

RosieNia said...

wow that is deep. I will definitely do that at the end of my day! you are such a great writer!
#1 blog fan!!!